Cpz 25 Mg Tablet 10
Chlorpromazine is used to treat schizophrenia, a mental disorder in which the patient wrongly interprets the reality.
How does the drug work?
Chlorpromazine acts by blocking the chemical messenger called dopamine which controls the mood and thoughts.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with chlorpromazine are drowsiness, constipation, dry mouth, blurring of vision, impotence, difficulty with orgasm and menstrual disturbances.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is it safe to use chlorpromazine in older patients with dementia? No. Chlorpromazine should not be given to older patients with dementia as it can increase the risk of death in such patients.
2. What happens if I take chlorpromazine after alcohol consumption? Taking chlorpromazine after alcohol consumption can increase sedation. So, better avoid it.
3. Can pregnant women take chlorpromazine? No. Chlorpromazine use especially during the last 3 months of pregnancy is dangerous to the fetus. So, take the medicine under a doctor’s supervision.
4. Can I breastfeed while using chlorpromazine? No. Chlorpromazine can enter breast milk and harm the baby. So, avoid nursing while on this medication.
5. What to do if I have dizziness with chlorpromazine? Avoid activities which need high alertness. Also, change the positions (sitting, standing, etc.) slowly. If you feel dizzy, sit down immediately but slowly.