Cytocristin 2 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Vincristine is a chemotherapeutic agent used in the treatment of symptoms of several types of cancer.
How does the drug work?
Vincristine is a chemotherapeutic drug which acts by inhibiting the mitosis at metaphase by interacting with tubulin and decreasing the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects associated with Vincristine are hair loss, weight loss, constipation, diarrhea and mouth sores.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is it necessary to inform the doctor about all my medical conditions while using Vincristine? Yes. It is important to tell the doctor about all your medical conditions before using Vincristine.
2. Can I take digoxin while taking Vincristine? No. Do not take digoxin while using Vincristine as these drugs may cause severe drug interactions when used together.
3. Can I drink alcohol while using Vincristine? No, avoid alcohol while using Vincristine.
4. Can I use antibiotic while using Vincristine? No, do not use antibiotics while using Vincristine, as antibiotics may interfere with the absorption of Vincristine.
5. Does Vincristine cause nerve damage? Vincristine when used in combination with certain drugs like phenytoin may cause nerve damage.