Dacne-I 10Mg Cap
Isotretinoin is used for treatment of severe acne, which has the risk of permanent scarring if left untreated. This medicine is used when the other acne treatments such as antibiotics do not work.
How does the drug work?
Isotretinoin belongs to retinoids group of drugs. It works by contracting the size of sebaceous oil glands, thus, reducing the production of sebum. It also reduces inflammation associated with moderate acne.
What are the common side effect?
The common isotretinoin side effects are dryness of skin, lips, nose and eyes.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How long should I avoid pregnancy while undergoing isotretinoin treatment? Do not get pregnant during the entire course of isotretinoin treatment (about 16-24 weeks) and also for a month after completing the treatment.
2. Does isotretinoin cause any side effects on the sperm in males? No. Isotretinoin does not damage the sperm or cause any side effects which can harm the unborn baby of the partner.
3. What precautions should I take while using isotretinoin for acne? While using isotretinoin drug for acne, you must use a moisturizing cream and a lip balm to prevent dryness of skin and lips. Also, use a sun-protection cream with an SPF of minimum 15 due to the sensitivity of skin to the sun while using Isotroin.
4. Can I undergo cosmetic skin treatment during Isotroin therapy? Do not undergo any kind of cosmetic treatments for skin during Isotroin therapy. This is because your skin will become more sensitive while on this treatment.
5. Is driving vehicle safe after taking isotretinoin tablets? Driving is not safe soon after taking isotretinoin. This is because of the chances of visual disturbances during nights, drowsiness and dizziness with the drug.
6. How should I take isotretinoin tablets? Take the tablets with food. Swallow them without crushing or chewing.