Daflon 450 Mg Tablet 10
Diosmin is often used in combination with hesperidin to treat several conditions associated with blood vessel disorders. It is used for treating hemorrhoids (i.e. swollen veins in the rectum and anus), varicose veins (dilation of veins in the legs which are painful), bleeding of the gums and in the eyes. It is also used to treat skin ulcers caused by the breakdown of the skin. Hesperidin is used to treat hemorrhoids. It is also used in a condition called venous insufficiency. Hesperidin improves the blood flow through the veins and helps to prevent pooling of blood in the legs. This drug is used in some patients with dysmenorrhea or uterine bleeding.
How does the drug work?
Although the exact mechanism of action of diosmin is not known, the possible action is the reduction of certain markers in the blood. These chemical compounds act on the inner walls of the blood vessels, thereby, improving the skin conditions. Hesperidin is a citrus flavonoid. The exact mechanism of action is not known for hesperidin. Its protective actions on the blood vessel are possibly due to the stimulation of the release of nitric oxide from the blood vessel wall. This relaxes the muscles of the vessels causing them to expand and increasing the flow. It also reduces inflammation-causing molecules.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of diosmin include rashes, redness, scaly patches on the skin. The other side effects include sleeplessness, drowsiness, giddiness, headache, anxiety, and fatigue. The common side effects of hesperidin include sleeplessness, drowsiness, giddiness, anxiety, headache, stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, indigestion, low blood pressure, and palpitations.
• Do not take Daflon tablet in case of a history of allergic reactions to any of its ingredients.
• As the safety of the tab Daflon in pregnant and breastfeeding women is not known, it is better for them to avoid using this medicine.
• Before taking any other drug along with Daflon, talk to a doctor. This is because this medicine can alter the absorption of other drugs.
• Use the medicine as directed by your physician. Do not use more than the prescribed dose.
• Always read the instructions about the Daflon USES and side effects provided on the label thoroughly.
• Discuss with a doctor before using the Daflon medication if you have any other health conditions.
1. How should I take diosmin tablet? Take the tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
2. What is the dosage of diosmin? The dosage of diosmin will be prescribed by doctor depending upon the condition and other factors such as age of the patient.
3. What are the forms in which diosmin is available? Diosmin is available in the form of tablets and ointment.
4. Will I have problems with digestion if I use diosmin? Yes. You may have indigestion problem with diosmin. However, the chances are rare.
5. Can I use diosmin drug during breastfeeding? The safety of diosmin for nursing women is not known. Therefore, ask your doctor before using the ointment. Hesperidin
1. Can I use hesperidin for my child who is 2 years old? Hesperidin is not indicated for use in children. It is only for use in adults.
2. What are the forms in which hesperidin is available? Hesperidin is available only in the form of tablets which are to be taken orally.
3. What is the dose of hesperidin containing Daflon 500 mg tablets for treating hemorrhoids? Two tablets of Daflon 500 mg should be taken 3 times daily for the first 3 days after which it is reduced to one tablet, thrice a day, for next 4 days.
4. Can I use hesperidin to prevent the return of hemorrhoids? Yes. Hesperidin taken together with diosmin containing preparations helps to prevent the recurrence of hemorrhoids. This combination may be used for about 3 months for the purpose.
5. I have undergone breast cancer surgery. Why am I prescribed hesperidin? You might have developed a condition called lymphedema which involves fluid retention. This can be treated with hesperidin.