Decarb 500 Mg Injection 1
Dacarbazine is used to treat advanced skin cancers, malignant melanoma, and Hodgkin's disease.
How does the drug work?
Dacarbazine is an anti-cancer drug that belongs to purine analogs. It acts by generating ions which get incorporated into the DNA of the cancer cells, thus, inhibiting their growth.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with dacarbazine are a loss of appetite, weight loss, sickness, vomiting, skin discoloration, rashes, redness and swelling of the skin.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Will I have hair loss with dacarbazine? Yes. Hair loss is one of the side effects of dacarbazine.
2. How to take the dacarbazine injection? Usually, the dacarbazine injection is given into the muscle or vein or as a shot under the skin by a nurse. It is given once or twice a week.
3. What precautions should a caregiver take while I am on dacarbazine medicine? A caregiver should not allow the bodily fluids such as urine, vomit, etc. to come in contact with the skin surface. Wearing gloves while handling the patient can help prevent this.
4. What is the dose of dacarbazine for cancer? The dose of dacarbazine depends on the type of cancer which is decided by the doctor.
5. What to do if I forget a dose of dacarbazine? If you miss an appointment of taking the dacarbazine injection, call up your doctor for instructions.