Decon Paed 0.05 % Drops 10 Ml
Xylometazoline is used to treat common cold, i.e. allergic rhinitis.
How does the drug work?
Xylometazoline is a decongestant which causes the shrinkage of the blood vessels in the nose. This relieves the congestion in the nose and sinuses.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of xylometazoline are a headache, dizziness, tingling sensation, nausea, and vomiting.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How long can I use the xylometazoline nasal spray? You may use the xylometazoline spray for 7 continuous days if directed by the physician. Do not use the spray beyond this period as it can damage the nasal tissue.
2. Can I use xylometazoline spray for my child? Xylometazoline spray should not be used for the children who are younger than 12 years.
3. What is the maximum dose of xylometazoline? The maximum dose of xylometazoline is 3 doses in a day. Do not exceed this dose.
4. Will I develop addiction with xylometazoline? In some people who use the xylometazoline drug for a long time, development of dependence is possible.
5. What if I forget a dose of xylometazoline? Take the missed dose as soon as your remember. But if it is nearly time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with the following dose. Do not take a double dose.