Defcort 6 Mg Tablet 6
Deflazacort is used in the treatment of arthritis (a joint disease), allergies and for asthma relief. It is also used to treat skin problems, and problems of the eyes, blood, kidney, heart and digestive system. Deflazacort is a drug used to suppress the immune system after organ transplantations.
How does the drug work?
Deflazacort is a corticosteroid drug which reduces the levels of inflammation producing molecules. It suppresses the immune system and stops the autoimmune reactions.
What are the common side effect?
The common deflazacort side effect experienced by the people includes weight gain. The other Defcort side effects which are less common but are serious include heart failure, suicidal tendencies, bleeding in the stomach and intestine, inflammation of the pancreas, altered growth in children.
• Avoid Defcort tablet if an allergic reaction has been experienced to deflazacort in the past.
• Defcort should not be taken by the individuals with infections affecting the whole body, and those who have undergone vaccinations with live virUSES recently.
• People with mental disorders such as depression or mania or psychoses should use deflazacort tablet with caution.
• Patients who have epilepsy, diabetes, kidney or liver or heart problems, brittle bones, glaucoma, and certain digestive system disorders should be cautious while using Defcort.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should take extra care while using Defcort. This helps to avoid risk to the baby.
• Elderly patients are more prone to side effects and need additional monitoring during the Defcort therapy.
• Take the deflazacort tablets exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
• Do not suddenly stop taking Defcort unless told by the doctor. A gradual lowering of the dose is required before completely stopping the therapy.
• Read the instructions regarding the Defcort tablets USES and side effects.
1. What happens if I take deflazacort and an antibiotic together? Co-administration of these drugs can lead to the inflammation of tendons which can readily tear.
2. Can I take deflazacort and antacid together? You must leave a gap of at least 2 hours between taking the two drugs. This helps to avoid unwanted interactions between them.
3. What is the deflazacort dosage for the treatment of arthritis in children? Usually, the lowest possible dose of deflazacort is given to children. It can range from 0.25 mg to 1mg per kg weight of the child per day. Talk to a physician who will decide the appropriate dose for your child.
4. Can Defcort lead to bleeding under the skin? Defcort can rarely lead to the side effect of bleeding under the skin.
5. What should I do if I take more than the prescribed dose of Defcort? Go to a nearby hospital immediately and take the tablet strip along with you. This helps the doctor to identify the drug.