Defzona 30 Mg Tablet 10
Deflazacort is used in the treatment of arthritis (a joint disease), allergies and for asthma relief. It is also used to treat skin problems, and problems of the eyes, blood, kidney, heart and digestive system. Deflazacort is a drug used to suppress the immune system after organ transplantations.
How does the drug work?
Deflazacort is a corticosteroid drug which reduces the levels of inflammation producing molecules. It suppresses the immune system and stops the autoimmune reactions.
What are the common side effect?
The common deflazacort side effect experienced by the people includes weight gain. The other Defcort side effects which are less common but are serious include heart failure, suicidal tendencies, bleeding in the stomach and intestine, inflammation of the pancreas, altered growth in children.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What happens if I take deflazacort and an antibiotic together? Co-administration of these drugs can lead to the inflammation of tendons which can readily tear.
2. Can I take deflazacort and antacid together? You must leave a gap of at least 2 hours between taking the two drugs. This helps to avoid unwanted interactions between them.
3. What is the deflazacort dosage for the treatment of arthritis in children? Usually, the lowest possible dose of deflazacort is given to children. It can range from 0.25 mg to 1mg per kg weight of the child per day. Talk to a physician who will decide the appropriate dose for your child.
4. Can deflazacort lead to bleeding under the skin? Defcort can rarely lead to the side effect of bleeding under the skin.
5. What should I do if I take more than the prescribed dose of deflazacort? Go to a nearby hospital immediately and take the tablet strip along with you. This helps the doctor to identify the drug.