Dermowax Eardrops 10 Ml
Paradichlorobenzene is a preservative used in several ear preparations for removal of wax. It is also used as a preservative in deodorants. Benzocaine is a local anaesthetic agent which is used topically to relieve pain and itching. It is used to cause numbing of pain associated with otitis (ear infection), sore throat, mouth ulcers, skin irritation, dental procedures, and for endoscopic procedures. Chlorbutol is used for the treatment of pain associated with scratches, minor cuts, soreness, etc. It also has a preservative action.
How does the drug work?
The exact mechanism of action of paradichlorobenzene is not very clear. Its toxic vapors when inhaled by the insects, mildews and moths caused their death. It also has the action of a deodorizer. Benzocaine is a pain relieving medicine which acts by blocking the initiation and conduction of pain impulses through the nerves to the brain. The mechanism by which chlorbutol acts, is not clear yet. It may inhibit sodium channels in the neural membrane, thus, blocking the transmission of nerve impulses related to pain.
What are the common side effect?
The common paradichlorobenzene side effects include stinging. When exposed to the vapors, it may cause nauseas and headache. However, these are not very common. The common side effects of benzocaine are taste disturbances and inflammation of the skin. In rare cases, a blood disorder called methaemoglobinaemia can occur. The common side effects of chlorbutol are burning sensation, swelling under the skin, and some allergic reactions.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
FAQs : Paradiclorbenzene:
1. How should I store paradichlorobenzene? Store the product in a cool and dry place, and away from children. Discard the medicine after its expiry date.
2. Will I develop dependence to paradichlorobenzene? Certain preparations containing paradichlorobenzene can induce dependence and are known to be abused by some people.
3. How to use paradichlorobenzene medicine? Apply the paradichlorobenzene medicine exactly as suggested by the doctor.
4. What if I forget a dose of paradichlorobenzene? Take the dose as soon as you notice, if it is not too late. Otherwise, continue with the regular schedule. Benzocaine:
1. Can I use benzocaine for teething pain in my newborn baby? Do not use this medicine for children below 2 years of age due to the risk of side effect called methaemoglobinaemia. Ask the doctor for an appropriate medicine for your child.
2. How to identify methaemoglobinaemia with benzocaine? Symptoms of methaemoglobinaemia are grey to blue colored skin, nail beds, and shortness of breath, headache, nausea and fatigue.
3. What happens with benzocaine overdose? Benzocaine overdose can result in seizures, irregularities in heartbeat and breathing difficulty. It can also mask the symptoms of ear infection. Immediately call for a doctor’s help.
4. How should I apply benzocaine for otitis in children? Lay down the child and tilt the head so that the ear faces upwards. Gently pull down the earlobe. Put the medicine in the straightened ear canal and leave for some time for the medicine to get into the bottom of the canal. Put cotton gauze moistened with benzocaine drops near the ear canal opening, so that the drops don’t drain off.
5. What should I do if benzocaine drops get into my eyes? If benzocaine drops get into the eyes, rinse them properly with cool water. Be careful while applying the drops.
6. Is benzocaine a cure ear infection? No. Benzocaine only provides a symptomatic relief of the infection. It does not cure the infection. Chlorbutol:
1. How to store chlorbutol? Store chlorbutol below 30?C. Protect it from sunlight and heat. Do not refrigerate.
2. Is chlorbutol safe to use during pregnancy? Due to unknown safety of the compound for the developing baby, use it with caution during pregnancy.
3. Is it safe to drive after consuming chlorbutol? If you have drowsiness, hypotension or dizziness with chlorbutol, then you should not drive. Check how your body reacts to the medicine and decide accordingly.
4. Can I stop taking chlorbutol at once? Some medicines should be tapered before discontinuing while others can be stopped at once. So, ask a doctor for advice.
5. How long can I use chlorbutol? Do not use chlorbutol for more than 7 days unless told by your physician.