2.5 Mg Tablet 10
Deviry tablet USES include treatment of various cancers which include breast, kidney (both men and women), or endometrial (womb lining) cancer, and is also used to treat metastatic cancer in post-menopausal women. Deviry medicine use also includes treatment of amenorrhea (absence of menstrual periods), irregular menstrual periods, abnormal uterine bleeding, endometrial hyperplasia, and endometriosis. The Deviry tablet is also used as a long-acting contraceptive.
How does the drug work?
Tab Deviry consists of drug medroxyprogesterone. It is classified under a group of medicines called ‘progestogens’ which act like progesterone; a natural female sex hormone. This drug slows down the growth of tumors sensitive to hormones. It prevents the development and release of the egg from ovaries, changes the lining of the womb and thickens the mucus at the entrance of the womb thereby acts as a contraceptive.
What are the common side effect?
Deviry side effects include skin swelling, itching, acne, dizziness, fainting, drowsiness, excessive hair growth on the face, hair loss, insomnia, breast tenderness, altered menstrual cycle, irregular vaginal bleeding, stomach upset, and weight loss or weight gain.
Important Info Deviry tablet should be taken at the same time each day. It takes 8 to 10 weeks before any effect can be noticed. Do not take medroxyprogesterone in case of allergy to medroxyprogesterone or other similar hormone medicines. Avoid smoking as it greatly increases the risk of blood clots while taking Deviry tablets. The medicine can pass into body fluids; therefore, body fluids should not be handled by a woman who is pregnant or who may become pregnant. Use condoms during sexual activity to avoid exposure to body fluids. Avoid pregnancy while taking Deviry medication.
1. What is the effect of Medroxyprogesterone on ovulation? Medroxyprogesterone will not cause ovulation.
2. How frequently I need to take Medroxyprogesterone tablets? Medroxyprogesterone is usually prescribed once or twice daily, depending on your condition. Do not self-medicate, consult your doctor regarding the frequency of dosing.
3. Is it safe to drive when consuming Medroxyprogesterone? You may experience dizziness, fainting or even drowsiness. Avoid driving or any other activities which require alertness.
4. Is it safe to take Medroxyprogesterone with food? Yes, Medroxyprogesterone can be taken with or without food. But it is advised to take at a fixed time.
5. I am allergic to tablet Ovral L is it safe to take Medroxyprogesterone No, Ovral L is a progesterone-like hormone similar to Medroxyprogesterone However, consult your doctor before taking Deviry.