Dextrose (Pdil) 10 % Infusion 1000 Ml
Dextrose is also known D-glucose. The most common source of energy for cells is anhydrous dextrose, which comes from carbohydrates. Compared to the other types of sugars found in carbohydrates, anhydrous dextrose will raise blood sugar. It treats low blood sugar or hypoglycemia. Athletes may use anhydrous dextrose to help improve their performance.
How does the drug work?
Dextrose has the greatest impact on the sugar levels in the blood, often called blood sugar or blood glucose. Different types of carbohydrates include starches, grains, legumes and beans. anhydrous dextrose is available from other sources too, such as tabs or as an oral gel or jelly.
What are the common side effect?
Hyperglycemia, numbness, and severe allergic reactions may occur due to anhydrous dextrose.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What dietary restrictions should I follow while taking dextrose? You should avoid drinking alcohol while taking dextrose.
2. Is dextrose a carbohydrate or vitamin? Dextrose is a carbohydrate.
3. Can I take dextrose supplements during pregnancy? Pregnant and lactating females should not take anhydrous dextrose as it may show ill effects on the unborn.
4. Can I take dextrose for sleep? Yes. Dextrose promotes sleep and treats insomnia.
5. Can I take any other medications along with dextrose? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.