Dilzem 180 Mg Capsule 10
Diltiazem is used to manage blood pressure and treat and prevent angina.
How does the drug work?
Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker that works by opening up blood vessels to increase supply of blood and oxygen to the heart. It also lowers the blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels to decrease the work load on the heart.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of diltiazem are orthostatic hypotension, cough, dizziness, decreased heart rate, confusion, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, swollen limbs, and loss of appetite.
Important Info Don’t take dilzem drug if allergic to the medication diltiazem or any other calcium channel blocker. Don’t drive or operate heavy machinery as diltiazem may cause dizziness. Use with caution in patients with bradyarrhythmia and sick sinus syndrome. Don’t adjust the dosage without prior consultation with the doctor. Use the drug dilzem with caution in pregnant and lactating women. Don’t perform physical activities excessively. Get up slowly from the bed or while standing up as it can cause orthostatic hypotension.
1. Can diltiazem be used for bone disorders? No. Though diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker, it doesn’t have any effect on calcium present in blood and bones.
2. Is diltiazem a blood thinner? No. Diltiazem is a calcium channel blocker used to treat angina.
3. Can I take alcohol while using diltiazem? You should not take alcohol while using diltiazem as this drug caUSES dizziness.
4. How to take diltiazem? Diltiazem can be taken with or without food. Usually, it is used once daily. Consult your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
5. Can I use ibuprofen along with diltiazem? Diltiazem and ibuprofen doesn’t have any significant drug interactions. However, consult your doctor before using any medicines.