Dinac Gel 20 Gm
Diclofenac is used for stiffness, swelling, and joints pain caused by arthritis. It is also used for the acute and chronic treatment of symptoms of osteoarthritis. Diclofenac is used as an analgesic in some minor surgeries such as dental.
How does the drug work?
Diclofenac is an NSAID used to reduces inflammation and as a pain reliever. The anti-inflammatory effects are due to inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX-1 and COX-2), this, in turn, inhibits prostaglandin synthesis. Inhibition of the prostaglandin synthesis results in analgesic effects of diclofenac.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of diclofenac are stomach upset, constipation, discomfort, drowsiness, decrease in urine output, increased bleeding time, itching of skin, epidermal necrolysis, renal dysfunction.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What are different dosage forms available for diclofenac other than tablet form? Diclofenac is available in different forms such as injectables, topical applicators (powder or ointment), and capsule form.
2. Is there any alteration in weight with the use of Voveran tablet? You may reduce weight, as loss of appetite is one of the common Voveran side effects.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose? You may have blurred vision, altered consciousness, confusion, depression. To avoid these side effects use the medicine Voveran as directed by the doctor.
4. Is Voveran safe for the children below 12 years of age? No, it is not recommended to take Voveran tablet for the children younger than 18 years of age.
5. What should I avoid when using medicine Voveran? Avoid using other NSAID’s. Do not drink alcohol. Do not use Voveran if you are allergic to diclofenac.