Domstal 10 Mg Tablet Dt 10
Domperidone USES include management of dyspepsia, and relief from nausea and vomiting. It is used for gastrointestinal emptying, heartburn, bloating, and belching.
How does the drug work?
Domperidone is a distinct blocker of dopamine receptors. Domperidone facilitates gastric emptying by increasing esophageal and gastric peristalsis. The antiemetic property is also related to dopamine receptor blocking activity, as domperidone has a high affinity for D2 and D3 dopamine receptors. These receptors are found in the chemoreceptor trigger zone usually present outside the blood-brain barrier that regulates nausea and vomiting.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects are diarrhea, drowsiness, difficulty in speaking, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, and problems with breathing, breast pain, and breast tenderness.
• Domstal may cause drowsiness and dizziness, and should not be used if performing any work that requires mental alertness, such as driving or operating machineries.
• Women who are pregnant, planning for pregnancy and who are breast feeding should consult the doctor before taking Domstal drug.
• Domstal medication should not be used if there s any history of allergy to domperidone or any Domstal ingredients.
• Drugs such as ritonavir, telaprevir, and antifungal drugs should be avoided as they have drug interactions with domperidone and alters its function.
1. Is Domstal a laxative? No, it does not have any property of laxative; it is a medication for treating bloating and abdominal discomfort.
2. What is the safe Domstal dosage for children? Children below 10 years are not prescribed domperidone tablets. Talk to the doctor to know about the safe doses for children.
3. How often can I take domperidone? Take domperidone as prescribed by your doctor. Take the drug 15-20 minute before the meals, and if needed take before going to bed.
4. Does domperidone affect blood pressure levels? The alteration of blood pressure levels are not reported, if you experience any changes in your blood pressure levels, consult your doctor immediately.
5. I am on antiviral drugs. Can I use Domstal tablet? No, Domstal should not be taken with antivirals as it can cause drug-drug interaction.