Donep Odt 10 Mg Tablet 10
Donepezil Hcl is used to treat symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, dementia, memory loss, confusion and mood changes.
How does the drug work?
Donepezil Hcl is a piperidine derivative. Donepezil Hcl acts by reversible inhibition of cholinesterases such as acetylcholinesterase which inhibits hydrolysis of acetylcholine and results in the increased levels of acetylcholine at cholinergic synapses.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of donopezil Hcl are Nervousness, irritation, frequent urge to urinate, abnormal urination, joint pain, behavioral changes, diarrhea, confusion, hallucination, muscle cramp, loss of appetite, headache, itching, weight loss.
• Do not use Donep drug if you have had heart problems, stomach or bowel problems, kidney problems
• Individual with conditions of brain lesions, tumors or history of seizures should not use donep medication.
• Donep tablet is not recommended for breastfeeding women, as it enters into breast milk and affects newborn.
• Do not use carbamazepine, dexamethasone, phenytoin along with Donep medicine, as these drugs may decrease the effect of Donep drug.
• Donep may cause severe dizziness and drowsiness. Avoid performing heavy tasks which needs mental alertness such as driving.
• Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) is a fatal syndrome that is caused due to prolonged use of Donep drug.
1. Does Donepezil intensify lung disorders? Yes, the Donepezil drug may intensify lung disorders.
2. What is the effect of Donepezil tablet during pregnancy? Donepezil is unsafe during pregnancy, as it may affect the fetus.
3. Is Donepezil safe in children? Donepezil is used with caution in children. Consult doctor before using the drug.
4. I am suffering from Parkinson disease. Can I use Donepezil drug? Donepezil may cause serious side effects when used in condition of Parkinson disease.
5. I am on NSAIDs. Can I take Donepezil tablet? No, donopezil increase the risk of stomach bleeding with NSAIDs.