Dorzox 2 % Eye Drops 15 Ml
Dorzox eye drops are used to treat elevated intraocular pressure in the patients with ocular hypertension, open-angle glaucoma, or pseudo-exfoliative glaucoma. Dorzolamide is often used as an adjuvant therapy to beta-blockers or as a monotherapy in those who are not responsive to beta-blockers.
How does the drug work?
Dorzolamide belongs to a class of drugs known as carbonic anhydrase inhibitors. It acts by inhibiting the enzyme carbonic anhydrase thereby reducing the fluid pressure in the eye.
What are the common side effect?
Dorzox eye drops side effects include nausea, bitter taste, burning sensation in eye, tingling sensation in eye, conjunctivitis, eyelid irritation, eyelid swelling, fatigue, headache, blurred vision, and sore eye.
Important Info Avoid drive or operate machinery while taking Dorzox ophthalmic solution as it may cause dizziness and visual disturbances. Do not use Dorzox eye drops while wearing contact lenses. Maintain at least 10-15 minutes gap to re-insert contact lens after using dorzolamide eye drops. Patients using more than one ophthalmic drug should maintain at least ten minutes gap before using other drugs. Do not use Dorzox eye drops for acute angle-closure glaucoma. Patients planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding should inform the doctor before taking the medication.
1. Is dorzolamide similar to timolol? No. Timolol is a beta-blocker whereas dorzolamide is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. But both the drugs are used to treat glaucoma.
2. Is it safe to administer dorzolamide along with timolol? Yes. The combination of timolol and dorzolamide is safe and should be taken only if prescribed by the doctor.
3. Is it safe to take alcohol while using Dorzox eye drops? Yes, it is relatively safe to take alcohol while on Dorzox medication. However, consult your doctor for safe use of the medication.
4. Is it safe to drive while on Dorzox medication? Dorzox eye drops may cause blurred vision so it is not safe to drive until your vision is resumed.
5. Is dorzolamide safe during pregnancy? No. Dorzolamide is unsafe during pregnancy, consult your doctor before taking the medication.