Doxolin 10 Mg Injection 10 Ml
Doxofylline USES include treatment and prevention of wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness caused by asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Doxofylline tablets are also used to treat chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
How does the drug work?
Doxolin drug consists of drug doxofylline which belongs to a class of medications called xanthines. Tab doxofylline works by relaxing and opening the airways, making it easier to breath.
What are the common side effect?
Doxofylline side effects include insomnia, nausea, vomiting, headache, irritation, tachycardia, arrhythmia, tremor, palpitations and seizure.
Important Info Avoid Doxolin drug in case of allergy to doxofylline or any other similar drugs such as aminophylline, or xanthines like caffeine. Avoid taking other products that contain xanthine such as chocolate or caffeinated drinks while on Doxolin medication. Patients who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding should consult the doctor before taking Doxolin medicine.
1. Is it safe to take doxofylline empty stomach or with food? Doxofylline can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take at a fixed time.
2. Why should I avoid tea leaves and cocoa beans while of doxofylline medications? Doxofylline is a xantine derivative which is also present in tea leaves and cocoa beans. Concomitant intake may intensify the drug effect.
3. Is it safe for patients with a history of heart disorders to take doxofylline? Doxofylline may cause arrhythmia, tachycardia, and palpitations as a side-effect. Patients with a history of heart disease should consult the doctor before taking the medication.
4. Is Doxofylline safe for patients with a history of epilepsy? Doxofylline may precipitate seizures as a side-effect. Patients with a history of epilepsy should consult doctor before taking this medication.
5. Is it safe to drive while taking Doxofylline? Yes, Doxofylline may not cause dizziness or drowsiness. But in case if you notice such side effects avoid activities which require alertness and consult your doctor.