Doxvit 6 Tablet 10
Doxylamine is used in the treatment and prevention of morning sickness (pregnancy), relieves nausea, vomiting, and dizziness (vertigo). Pyridoxine is used for the prevention and treatment of vitamin B6 deficiency disorders. It is used to treat sideroblastic anemia. It is used to reduce homocysteine levels in the body and reduces the risk of heart diseases. It is used to treat premenstrual syndrome and morning sickness in women. It is also used to prevent seizuresand convulsions in epileptic patients.
How does the drug work?
Doxylamine belongs to the class, antihistamines. It works by blocking histamine receptors in the vomiting center in the brain. It prevents the vomiting center from receiving the nerve impulses from the parts of the inner ear. Thus, it prevents the nerves in the middle ear from stimulating the vomiting center and causing the symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and vertigo. Pyridoxine is also known as vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 acts as a coenzyme in various biochemical reactions such as metabolism of amino acids, glycogen, and synthesis of nucleic acids, hemoglobin, sphingomyelin, and sphingolipids. It also takes part in the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine and gamma-aminobutyric acid.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of doxylamine include bloating, lightheadedness, drowsiness, headache, confusion, constipation, feeling sick, dry mouth, weight gain, and increased sweat. The common side effects associated with vitamin B6 are nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, headache, drowsiness, numbness and tingling sensation in the limbs, numbness around the mouth, lethargy, tiredness, impaired balance, loss or reduced sensation to touch, temperature, and vision.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I take diazepam with doxylamine? Diazepam is a benzodiazepine that increases the risk of drowsiness when co-administered with doxylamine. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
2. Is doxylamine an over-the-counter drug? No, doxylamine is available only when prescribed by the doctor.
3. Does doxylamine causes weight gain? Yes. Long-term use of doxylamine may cause weight gain.
4. How should I take doxylamine for travel sickness? Usually, doxylamine should be taken two hours before you start the journey. You must follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the use of the drug.
5. Is it safe to use doxylamine for dizziness during pregnancy? No. Use of doxylamine is known to cause fetal defects. Therefore, doxylamine use during pregnancy is not safe. Pyridoxine
1. Does pyridoxine help to treat carpal tunnel syndrome? Yes, pyridoxine helps to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. Consult your physician for safe use.
2. What is the daily requirement of pyridoxine to prevent deficiency disease? A daily intake of
2.2 mg will help to prevent deficiency diseases. Pregnant women need
2.6 mg and lactating women need
2.5 mg of pyridoxine daily.
3. What are the dietary sources of pyridoxine? Fish, liver, and citrus fruits are some of the dietary sources of pyridoxine.
4. Can I take any other medications along with pyridoxine supplements? Some herbal medications may interact with pyridoxine. You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
5. How should I take pyridoxine supplements? You should take pyridoxine supplements every day after meals. Follow the instructions given by your physician or the manufacturer for safe use.