Drep Wax Drops 10 ML
Paradichlorobenzene Paradichlorobenzene is a preservative used in several ear preparations for removal of wax. It is also used as a preservative in deodorants. Benzocaine Benzocaine is a local anaesthetic agent which is used topically to relieve pain and itching. It is used to cause numbing of pain associated with otitis (ear infection), sore throat, mouth ulcers, skin irritation, dental procedures, and for endoscopic procedures. Chlorbutol Chlorbutol is used for the treatment of pain associated with scratches, minor cuts, soreness, etc. It also has a preservative action.
Mode of drug action :
Paradichlorobenzene The exact mechanism of action of paradichlorobenzene is not very clear. Its toxic vapors when inhaled by the insects, mildews and moths caused their death. It also has the action of a deodorizer. Benzocaine Benzocaine is a pain relieving medicine which acts by blocking the initiation and conduction of pain impulses through the nerves to the brain. Chlorbutol The mechanism by which chlorbutol acts, is not clear yet. It may inhibit sodium channels in the neural membrane, thus, blocking the transmission of nerve impulses related to pain.
What are the common side effects?
Paradichlorobenzene The common paradichlorobenzene side effects include stinging. When exposed to the vapors, it may cause nauseas and headache. However, these are not very common. Benzocaine The common side effects of benzocaine are taste disturbances and inflammation of the skin. In rare cases, a blood disorder called methaemoglobinaemia can occur. Chlorbutol The common side effects of chlorbutol are burning sensation, swelling under the skin, and some allergic reactions.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Avoid Drep Wax medicine if allergic to the drug or any of the ingredients present in it.
• Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery when using Drep Wax medicine as it causes drowsiness.
• Intimate the doctor regarding the history of drug allergies before taking Drep Wax medicine.
• Take medical consultation before administering Drep Wax medicine in case of kidney or liver damage.
• Avoid using Drep Wax medicine during pregnancy.
• Keep Drep Wax medicine away from children.
What else should I know?
1. How should I store paradichlorobenzene? Store the product in a cool and dry place, and away from children. Discard the medicine after its expiry date.
2. Will I develop dependence to paradichlorobenzene? Certain preparations containing paradichlorobenzene can induce dependence and are known to be abused by some people.
3. How to use paradichlorobenzene medicine? Apply the paradichlorobenzene medicine exactly as suggested by the doctor.
4. What if I forget a dose of paradichlorobenzene? Take the dose as soon as you notice, if it is not too late. Otherwise, continue with the regular schedule. Benzocaine
1. Can I use benzocaine for teething pain in my newborn baby? Do not use this medicine for children below 2 years of age due to the risk of side effect called methaemoglobinaemia. Ask the doctor for an appropriate medicine for your child.
2. How to identify methaemoglobinaemia with benzocaine? Symptoms of methaemoglobinaemia are grey to blue colored skin, nail beds, and shortness of breath, headache, nausea and fatigue.
3. What happens with benzocaine overdose? Benzocaine overdose can result in seizures, irregularities in heartbeat and breathing difficulty. It can also mask the symptoms of ear infection. Immediately call for a doctor’s help.
4. How should I apply benzocaine for otitis in children? Lay down the child and tilt the head so that the ear faces upwards. Gently pull down the earlobe. Put the medicine in the straightened ear canal and leave for some time for the medicine to get into the bottom of the canal. Put cotton gauze moistened with benzocaine drops near the ear canal opening, so that the drops don’t drain off.
5. What should I do if benzocaine drops get into my eyes? If benzocaine drops get into the eyes, rinse them properly with cool water. Be careful while applying the drops.
6. Is benzocaine a cure ear infection? No. Benzocaine only provides a symptomatic relief of the infection. It does not cure the infection. Chlorbutol
1. How to store chlorbutol? Store chlorbutol below 30˚C. Protect it from sunlight and heat. Do not refrigerate.
2. Is chlorbutol safe to use during pregnancy? Due to unknown safety of the compound for the developing baby, use it with caution during pregnancy.
3. Is it safe to drive after consuming chlorbutol? If you have drowsiness, hypotension or dizziness with chlorbutol, then you should not drive. Check how your body reacts to the medicine and decide accordingly.
4. Can I stop taking chlorbutol at once? Some medicines should be tapered before discontinuing while others can be stopped at once. So, ask a doctor for advice.
5. How long can I use chlorbutol? Do not use chlorbutol for more than 7 days unless told by your physician.