Drotanic Injection 2 Ml
Drotaverine is used for cervical dilation in women during childbirth. It also used to relieve pain and dysfunction caused by smooth muscle spasm.
How does the drug work?
Drotaverine is an antispasmodic drug. It is a selective inhibitor phosphodiesterase 4. Blocking of PDE4 causes accumulation of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) which dilates blood vessels and relaxes smooth muscles of gut.
What are the common side effect?
The most commonly reported side effects are dizziness, low blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, and headache.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How should I take drotaverine? Drotaverine comes in the form of a tablet. It can ba taken with or without food with a glass full of water.
2. When can I stop taking drotaverine medication? Drotaverine is a full course of treatment. Patients should not stop in the middle of the treatment, the doctor will suggest you the safe withdrawal of the drug.
3. How to store drotaverine drug? Drotaverine should be stored in a cool place at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children.
4. What are the conditions in which I should avoid taking drotaverine tablet? Patients should avoid drotaverine tablet in conditions such as renal, hepatic, or cardiac dysfunction.
5. What are the contraindicated drugs for drotaverine? Concurrent use of analgesics, antimuscarinics, or benzodiazepines should be avoided while using the drotaverine.