Ecnacare 1 % Gel 20 Gm
Clindamycin is an antibiotic useful in the treatment of bacterial skin infections like acne and pimples.
How does the drug work?
Clindamycin belongs to the class of drugs called the lincomycin antibiotics. It inhibits the synthesis of the bacterial proteins, and thus, prevents the growth of bacteria. In case of acne, it not only kills the bacteria but also prevents the spread of infection by reducing the production of free fatty acids that clogs the pores of the skin.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects are burning sensation, skin irritation, itching, dry skin, skin redness and skin rash.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What should I do if I miss applying a dose of clindamycin? If you miss a dose of clindamycin and if it is almost time for the next dose, then you must skip the forgotten dose and take the next dose to avoid doubling of dose.
2. Does the use of clindamycin cream cause thrush? Yes. In rare cases, the use of clindamycin cream causes a type of fungal or yeast infection.
3. I am suffering from acne and I have many acne scars. Can I use clindamycin cream to treat the acne scars on my skin? Clindamycin prevents the formation of new scars by preventing the formation of new acne but does not treat the existing acne scars.
4. I am allergic to penicillin. Can I use clindamycin to treat acne? Clindamycin is considered to be safe for people who are allergic to penicillin.
5. Does clindamycin bleach hair and colored fabrics? Yes, clindamycin may bleach hair and colored products including towel, clothing and bed linen. Avoid the contact of the gel with these materials.