Efcure 200 Mg Tablet 30
Efavirenz is used to treat HIV infection and is usually given in combination with other HIV drugs.
How does the drug work?
Efavirenz prevents the multiplication of the virus. Therefore, new viruses are not produced.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of efavirenz are rash, nausea, headache, fatigue, vomiting, insomnia, and dizziness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is efavirenz effective when taken alone? Efavirenz is effective in treating HIV only when taken in combination with other HIV drugs.
2. Can I drive after taking the efavirenz? Efavirenz can cause dizziness. Therefore, do not drive after taking this drug.
3. Can I participate in sex while using efavirenz for HIV? You must use effective contraceptive measures because efavirenz does not prevent the transfer of the infection to the sexual partner.
4. How to store the efavirenz? Store the efavirenz at room temperature, away from heat and light. Do not keep them in the bathroom. Keep the tablets out of reach from children.
5. Can I take efavirenz during pregnancy? No. It is not safe to take efavirenz during pregnancy. Ask your doctor for the drug which is safe for you.