Elbend 400 Mg Tablet 2
Albendazole medicine is used in the treatment of different types of worm infections such as neurocysticercosis, hydatid disease, echinococcosis, and pinworm infection.
How does the drug work?
Albendazole is an anti-helmenthic drug. It works by impairing the glucose uptake by the worms, thereby, causing energy depletion and worm death. It exhibits larvicidal, ovicidal and vermicidal activity.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of albendazole include abdominal pain, vision changes, diarrhea, dizziness, constipation, vomiting, headache, nausea, skin rashes, and itching.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does albendazole cause liver damage? Long-term use of albendazole may cause liver damage. The signs and symptoms of liver damage include dark yellow or brown urine, yellowing of the eyes or skin, pain in the right upper abdomen. Consult your doctor if you examine any of the above symptoms.
2. Is albendazole available without a prescription? No, albendazole is available only when prescribed by the doctor.
3. Can I take cimetidine along with albendazole? Albendazole may interact with cimetidine when used together. Therefore, consult your doctor before taking the drug.
4. Do I need to undergo liver function tests while on albendazole therapy? Yes, long-term use of albendazole may cause liver damage. Therefore, liver function tests are used to monitor your condition.
5. Does albendazole cause hair loss? Hair loss is one of the common side effects of albendazole.