Elocon 0.1 % Lotion 5 ML
Mometasone topical is used to treat inflammation that occurs due to skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, and other allergic reactions.
Mode of drug action :
Mometasone is a topical corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory agent. It blocks the release of inflammatory mediators thus alleviating the inflammatory symptoms such as swelling, itching, and rash.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of mometasone are skin irritation at the site of application, discoloration of the skin, thinning of the skin, and folliculitis.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Elocon is for external use only.
• Do not use if there is a history of previous allergies to Elocon or the ingredients present in it.
• Use with a doctor’s advice in children under six years.
• Do not use in patients with chicken pox, herpes simplex infection, warts, shingles, impetigo, and inflammation around the mouth.
• Use with caution in patients with psoriasis, tuberculosis of the skin, eye infections, cataract, and glaucoma.
• Use with caution in pregnancy and breast feeding.
What else should I know?
1. Can I use mometasone for long term? Prolonged use of mometasone makes the skin raw or broken and you may also observe skin folds.
2. Can I use mometasone for ringworm infections? No. Mometasone is not indicated for fungal skin infections. It is only used to treat the symptoms of inflammation.
3. Is mometasone available over-the-counter? No. Mometasone is available with a prescription.
4. Can I use mometasone on the face? Do not use mometasone medication on broken skin and open wounds. Use with a doctor’s advice on the face, underarms, and groin.
5. Does mometasone cream cause pigmentation? Mometasone can lighten skin. However, use it with a doctor’s advice for pigmentation problems.