Emeset Odt 4 Mg Tablet 10
Emeset tablet is an anti-emetic used to treat nausea and vomiting, prevent chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting, and to treat and prevent post-operative nausea and vomiting.
How does the drug work?
Emeset medicine contains ondansetron which is a 5HT3 antagonist. It works by blocking the 5HT3 receptors present in the brain and gastrointestinal tract that may cause nausea and vomiting. Thus, it inhibits the stimulation of vomiting centers in the brain and prevents nausea and vomiting.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of Emeset tablet include headache, flushing or sensation of warmth, constipation, dizziness, vision problems, low blood pressure, unusual body movements, irregular heartbeats, and hiccups.
Important Info Patients with history heart disease, liver disease, or stomach problems should use Emeset drug with caution. The drug should not be used with apomorphine (a drug to treat Parkinson’s disease). The drug must be taken as per the physician’s instructions. Avoid the use of drug in the patients with abnormal levels of sodium, magnesium and potassium in the blood. Ondansetron can be taken with or without food. Ondansetron tablet may cause dizziness, impair thinking process and alertness. Therefore, driving and other activities that require alertness should be avoided. The drug should not be used by the pregnant and lactating women. Ondansetron should not be used in children younger than four years.
1. What are the symptoms of ondansetron overdosage? The symptoms of an overdose of ondansetron (Emeset) include severe constipation, fainting, lightheadedness, and sudden vision loss. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
2. Can I use Emeset for vomiting that occurs during pregnancy? Safe use of Emeset is not yet established during pregnancy. Therefore, seek medical advice before taking the drug.
3. Can I use tramadol with ondansetron? No. Use of tramadol with ondansetron may increase the risk of side effects. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
4. What is the ondansetron dosage to treat nausea and vomiting? Usually, the dose of ondansetron for treating nausea and vomiting may range from 4 mg to 16 mg per day. Seek medical advice before taking the drug to prevent the complications.
5. Can ondansetron cause drowsiness? One of the common side effects of ondansetron is drowsiness. Therefore, you must avoid certain activities while taking the drug.