2.5 Mg Tablet 15
Enalapril is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart failure. This drug is also used to treat the disorders of the lower chambers of the heart.
How does the drug work?
Envas contains enalapril as an active ingredient. It belongs to a class of drugs called the ACE inhibitors. The mechanism of action of enalapril is to block the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II. Thus, it helps to reduce the blood pressure. It also improves the volume of blood pumped by the heart while decreasing the workload on the heart.
What are the common side effect?
The Envas tablet side effects which are commonly experienced by the patients are dizziness, tiredness, cough, and feeling light-headed.
• Avoid Envas tablet if a past allergic reaction to enalapril or angioedema (severe swelling under the skin) has been experienced.
• Do not use the enalapril for children below 1 month.
• Diabetic patients should not use Envas drug with medicines containing aliskiren.
• Immediate medical help is required in case of rapid weight gain, swelling, shortness of breath and lowered urination. This is because of the risk of kidney problems with enalapril.
• Use with caution in case of electrolyte imbalances or liver, heart or kidney diseases.
• Do not take any prescription or non-prescription medicines along with the tab Envas without asking a doctor or pharmacist.
• Do not drink alcohol while taking Envas as it can further lower the blood pressure and increase the Envas side effects.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not take enalapril.
• Take the drug exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
• Do not suddenly stop taking enalapril unless told by the doctor.
• Read the instructions regarding the Envas tablet USES and side effects.
1. Can I stop taking enalapril tablets if I do not have symptoms of hypertension? You may not always have the symptoms even if your blood pressure is high. Thus, you should not stop taking enalapril but may have to continue it for your whole life.
2. Can enalapril alone control my hypertension? Enalapril is a part of treatment for hypertension. You should also follow a proper diet, exercise and maintain your weight along with taking this drug.
3. What is the dose of enalapril for hypertension in adults? The usual initial dose of enalapril for hypertension in adults is 5 mg per day, taken by mouth. The maintenance dose is 10-40 mg as a single or divided dose.
4. How can I avoid dizziness with enalapril? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to prevent dizziness.
5. What should I do if I become pregnant while using enalapril tablets? Immediately stop using the tablets and contact your doctor. Enalapril can cause injury or even death of the fetus especially during second and third trimesters. You may use birth control pills while taking this drug.