Ephytal S Ointment 20 Gm
Beclomethasone is used to treat fungal infections caused by ringworms, athlete’s foot, jock itch, swelling, and redness of the skin, and itching. Additionally, it is used to treat skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. Salicylic acid is given for the treatment of skin infections such as psoriaris, dandruff, and acne.
How does the drug work?
Beclomethasone is a glucocorticoid receptor agonist. It acts by inhibiting the release of arachidonic acid, lipocortin, and phospholipase proteins. This prevents the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes from the immune cells. Prostaglandins and leukotrienes are responsible for the development of skin diseases and infections. Salicylic acid reduces the redness and swelling, resulting in the reduction of the infection. It softens and loosens the dry and scaly skin which gets easily peeled off.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of beclomethasone are skin thinning, hives, irritation at the site of application, burning sensation, blistering, and numbness. The side effects which are common with salicylic acid are skin itching, irritation, burning sensation, ringing in the ears, diarrhea, dizziness and headache.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I use beclomethasone cream of the treatment of facial acne? No, patients should not apply beclomethasone cream on the face.
2. Is beclomethasone used for hair growth? Yes, beclomethasone facilitates hair growth.
3. Is beclomethasone recommended for diaper rash? No, beclomethasone should not be used for diaper rash.
4. What care should I take while applying beclomethasone in the groin area? While using beclomethasone in the groin area, use it for only two weeks or as prescribed. Apply the cream sparingly and wear loose-fitting clothes.
5. Can I use beclomethasone for underarm infection? No, do not use beclomethasone for treating underarm infections. Salicyclic acid
1. Does salicylic acid treat dandruff? Yes. Salicylic acid is used in the treatment of dandruff.
2. Can I use salicylic acid for treating warts on the face? No. Salicylic acid should not be used for treating warts on the face.
3. Can I apply salicylic acid to my child? Ask a doctor before using salicylic acid in children.
4. What is the dose of salicylic acid? Use the exact dose as prescribed by your physician which depends on the individual.
5. Should I cover the skin after applying the salicylic acid? No. Do not cover the skin immediately after applying the salicylic acid.