Epilive 750 Mg Tablet Er 10
Levetiracetam is used to treat seizures; involuntary muscle jerk in people with epilepsy. The drug is effective for certain types of seizures like tonic-clonic or myoclonic seizures, partial onset seizures, and seizure that affects the entire brain and other conditions.
How does the drug work?
Levetiracetam belongs to a class of drugs called anti-convulsants. The active ingredient of the medicine acts by decreasing abnormal excitation of the brain.
What are the common side effect?
Levetiracetam side effects include; psychosis, anxiety, behavioral changes, lack of interest, depression, constipation, hair loss, headache, cough, drowsiness, nausea, weakness, and vertigo.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Should I consume Levetiracetam on an empty stomach, before food or after food? It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
2. Is levetiracetam addictive or habit forming? Levetiracetam does not have the potential for addiction or abuse. However, do not increase your body's dependence to medicines by self-medicating. Take the advice of your doctor before taking this medicine.
3. Is levetiracetam similar to piracetam in action? No. Both the drugs are structurally similar but levetiracetam is an anticonvulsant whereas piracetam is a nootropic drug used to enhance memory or other cognitive functions.
4. Is levetiracetam safe with alcohol? No. It is unsafe to take alcohol when you are on levetiracetam medication as it may worsen the side effects such as drowsiness and calmness.
5. What precautions should I take while on levetiracetam medication? Do not perform activities which require alertness such as driving operating heavy machinery. Avoid alcohol and do not plan to become pregnant while taking this medication.