Epizam (Psycoremedies) 5 Mg Tablet 10
Clonazepam is used to treat epilepsy or seizures, panic disorder, absence infantile spasms and other conditions such as fear of public places (agoraphobia).
How does the drug work?
Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. It acts by enhancing the action of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA); a signaling chemical in the brain. The increased activity of GABA helps to calm the excessive electrical nerve activity that is responsible for seizures and panic disorders.
What are the common side effect?
Clonazepam side effects include memory loss, blurred vision, altered sexual function, frequent urge to urinate, coordination disorder, dizziness, headache, sedation, increased saliva production, thickening of bronchial secretions, muscle pain, joint pain, and abnormal eye movements.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is clonazepam drug addictive? Clonazepam is a trade name for the drug clonazepam. Prolonged use may develop dependence and addiction.
2. Is it better to take clonazepam with or without food or empty stomach? Clonazepam can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
3. Is clonazepam used to treat insomnia? No. clonazepam is not used for the treatment of insomnia. It is mainly prescribed to treat epilepsy, panic disorders or other conditions associated with fever.
4. I am on clonazepam medication; I was scheduled for a dental surgery, do I need to temporarily stop the medication? No. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor. Inform your dentist about your Clonazepam medication, so that they can adjust the dose of anesthesia to avoid the side effects.
5. Is it safe to continue clonazepam medication if am planning to become pregnant? No. Clonazepam is unsafe during pregnancy or planning to become pregnant and even during lactation.