Gamma-linolenic acid is the active ingredient of Eposoft. The Eposoft capsule USES include treatment of premenstrual symptoms, menopausal symptoms, and skin disorders. In conjunction with other medicines, gamma-linolenic acid is used for the treatment of high cholesterol, arthritis, and asthma. It is also known to be effective for the management of erectile dysfunction and nerve pain in diabetic patients.
How does the drug work?
Gamma-linolenic acid is a fatty acid which is used by the body to produce substances that relieve inflammation and slow down the cell growth. Thus, it helps in the management of the associated conditions.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of gamma-linolenic acid are feeling or being sick, indigestion, soft stools, gas & headache.
• Do to take Eposoft medicine if an allergic reaction has been experienced with gamma-linolenic acid in the past.
• If any other illnesses are present, let the doctor know them. The doctor will decide which drug and dose is appropriate accordingly.
• It is important to inform the physician if any other drugs (especially blood-thinning agents) have to be co-administered with Eposoft.
• There is an increased risk of having seizures when Eposoft is taken with some drugs used for mental disorders called phenothiazines.
• To be on safe side, pregnant and lactating women should take the medicine only under a doctor’s supervision.
• Be careful while performing activities involved with an increased risk of bleeding such as shaving, brushing, cutting vegetables, etc. during the use of Eposoft cap.
• For safety, alcohol consumption during Eposoft medication should be avoided.
• Take the medicine exactly as directed by the doctor. This helps to reduce or avoid the unwanted effects associated with the drug use.
• Read the package leaflet for Eposoft capsules benefits and safety information.
1. Can I get relief from breast pain with Eposoft capsule? Yes. Eposoft capsules can relieve breast pain which occurs before menopause in females.
2. What is the oral dose of Eposoft drug for nerve pain? The usual oral dose of Eposoft is 360-480 per day to treat nerve pain in diabetic patients.
3. Can I take Eposoft before undergoing a surgery? Eposoft can increase the clotting time and may lead to severe bleeding after a surgery. Therefore, do not take this medicine for a minimum of 2 weeks before undergoing a surgery.
4. How long is the treatment of arthritis with Eposoft medication? The treatment of arthritis with Eposoft lasts for as long as 6 months.
5. What are the natural sources of gamma-linolenic acid? Gamma-linolenic acid is present in the seeds and oils of borage, evening primrose, and blackcurrant.