Eroxy (Jaywin Remedies) 150 Mg Tablet 10
Roxithromycin is used as an antibiotic for various bacterial skin infections, caused due to minor cuts, scrapes or burns.
How does the drug work?
Roxithromycin belongs to the class of macrolide antibiotic. Roxithromycin disturbs the production of bacterial proteins which are essential for their survival. Thus, kills the bacteria that cause skin infections.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects of Roxithromycin include sensitization or allergic reactions which may cause skin redness, swelling or rash, irritation, burning, hearing difficulty, and decreased urination.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is roxithromycin same as erythromycin? Yes. Both roxithromycin and erythromycin belong to macrolide group of antibiotics and have similar action.
2. Does roxithromycin treat nose and throat infections? Yes. Roxithromycin is effective in treating nose and throat infections.
3. Will I need additional contraception while using roxithromycin? Yes. You may need additional contraceptive measures especially if vomiting or diarrhea occurs while using roxithromycin
4. Will I feel excessively sleepy while using roxithromycin? No. Drowsiness is not one of the side effects with roxithromycin. However, dizziness might occur with the drug.
5. Does roxithromycin treat urinary tract infections? Yes. Roxithromycin is effective in treating UTI (urinary tract infections).