Erycin Dt 125 Mg Tablet 10
Erythromycin is used as an antibiotic for various bacterial skin infections, caused due to minor cuts, scrapes or burns.
How does the drug work?
Erythromycin belongs to the class of macrolide antibiotic. Erythromycin disturbs the production of bacterial proteins which are essential for their survival. Thus, kills the bacteria that cause skin infections.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects of erythromycin include sensitization or allergic reactions which may cause skin redness, swelling or rash, irritation, burning, hearing difficulty, and decreased urination.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is erythromycin safe for children? Yes. Erythromycin is also available in syrup dosage form; it is safe for children if taken in the prescribed dose.
2. Is erythromycin similar to azithromycin in action? No. Though they both belong to the same group of class they differ in their potencies.
3. I am on erythromycin medication. I have skipped a dose and had food, what should I do? Take the medicine 2 hours after taking the food. If it’s time for the next dose skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dose. Do not take both skipped as well as regular at a time.
4. Is it safe during pregnancy? Erythromycin is relatively safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before taking the drug.
5. Does erythromycin relieve the symptoms of flu? Flu is a viral infection, erythromycin is an anti-bacterial agent which is in-effective in treating viral infections.