Esnocof 50/2 Mg Tablet 10
Diethylcarbamazine is used to treat a parasitic infection filariasis which is also commonly known as elephantiasis. Diethylcarbamazine citrate medication are also used for other parasitic infections like topical eosinophilia, African eye worm (loiasis) or river blindness. Cetrizine is a H1 receptor blocker which is commonly used to treat seasonal allergic rhinitis. It is also used to treat chronic idiopathic urticaria and perennial allergic rhinitis in adults and children of 6 years of age and older. Cetrizine is a H1 receptor blocker which is commonly used to treat seasonal allergic rhinitis. It is also used to treat chronic idiopathic urticaria and perennial allergic rhinitis in adults and children of 6 years of age and older.
How does the drug work?
The drug belongs to a class of medication called anti-helminthics. Diethylcarbamazine citrate act against and kill both the larval and adult forms of the parasitic worms that cause filariasis. Cetrizine is a H1 receptor blocker which is commonly used to alleviate symptoms of allergy.Cetrizine acts by blocking the H1 receptors which are commonly activated by histamine- inflammatory mediator and potent vasodilator thus relieving the allergic symptoms such as inflammation, runny nose, sneezing, and itching in the patient.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of the drug include increased sensitivity to light, muscle pain, joint pain, chest pain, blood in urine, blurred vision, convulsion, eye swelling, rash, eye irritation, headache, itching, limb swelling, decreased blood pressure, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, vertigo, diarrhea, dizziness, shortness of breath, watery eyes, weakness, and fatigue. The most commonly reported side effects of cetrizine are drowsiness, dry mouth, nose or throat irritation, sore throat, tiredness, weakness, fever or cough, swelling in the upper and lower limbs, and nosebleed.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does diethylcarbamazine kill bacteria? No. Diethylcarbamazine is an anti-helmintics which kill parasites whereas antibiotics kill bacteria.
2. Is it safe to take the drug with food? Yes. The drug should be taken along with food.
3. Is it safe to drive while taking the medication? No. Diethylcarbamazine may cause drowsiness or dizziness so avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
4. What if I miss a dose? Take the missed dose immediately when you remember, if it is time for the next dose then skip the previous dose. But do not take a double dose.
5. Is Diethylcarbamazine effective in treating swelling of legs due to kidney failure? No. Diethylcarbamazine is generally indicated for the condition filariasis which is characterized by swollen legs or arms. Cetrizine
1. How should I use this medication? Cetrizine should be taken with or without food preferably after food with a glass of water. It is recommended to take the medication in the evening as cetrizine may cause dizziness or drowsiness. However, consult your physician before use.
2. Are there any storage precautions for cetrizine? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Is cetrizine a steroid or narcotic? Cetrizine is an antihistamine medication. It is not a narcotic or steroid.
4. Is cetrizine used as a decongestant? Yes, cetrizine can be used as a decongestant. It evacuates sinuses, clears nasal airways and stuffy nose.
5. Can I take any other medications along with cetrizine? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.