Etizola Md 0.5 Mg Tablet 10
Etizola tablets are used to treat anxiety, panic and sleep disorders. It is also used to treat headaches due to tension, low back pain, depression, and cervical disorders.
How does the drug work?
Etizolam medicine belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. It acts by enhancing the action of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA); a signaling chemical in the brain. The increased activity of GABA helps to calm the excessive electrical nerve activity that is responsible for anxiety, panic disorders and sleep disorders.
What are the common side effect?
Etizolam side effects include nausea and vomiting, memory loss, blurred vision, coordination impaired, dizziness, yawning, sleepiness, insomnia, dry mouth, headache, loss of appetite, respiratory depression, weakness, and bradycardia.
Important Info Avoid Etizola medicine in case of allergy to the drug etizolam or benzodiazepines. Prolonged use of Etizola tablets may cause a rebound increase in anxiety or sleeplessness. So, do not use Etizola more than 12 weeks. Patients with liver problems and breathing problems such as bronchitis or emphysema should consult a doctor before taking Etizola. Patients above 65 years of age, pregnant, breastfeeding, low blood pressure, or with a history of personality disorder or of alcohol or drug addiction should consult doctor before taking Etizola. Patients taking Etizola should avoid activities requiring alertness such as driving, or operating heavy machinery as the drug may cause dizziness and drowsiness.
1. Is it safe to take Etizola with alcohol? No, Etizola may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
2. Is etizolam addictive? Yes, etizolam can cause addiction so it is advised to be taken only under medical supervision.
3. Is it safe to taken Etizolam with anti-hypertensives? No, Etizolam also shows blood pressure lowering effects and can exaggerate the blood pressure lowering effects of anti-hypertensives. Consult your doctor for dosage adjustments.
4. After long-term use of Etizolam, I started experiencing the symptoms of anxiety and sleeplessness. What is the reason behind this? Etizolam can cause a rebound increase in anxiety or sleeplessness after using it more than 12 weeks. Consult your doctor for change or stop of the medication.
5. I am allergic to clonazepam is it safe to take etizolam? No, both the drugs belong to the same class benzodiazepines so avoid etizolam if you are allergic to clonazepam.