Famocid 20 Mg Tablet 28
Famotidine is used to prevent ulcers in the stomach, and a part of the gut called the duodenum. The other famotidine uses include relief of stomach discomfort and indigestion problems.
How does the drug work?
Famotidine is a potent inhibitor of the H2-receptors present on the cells of the stomach wall. Thus, it inhibits the action of histamine on these receptors reducing the production of stomach acid.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of famotidine are abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, and headache. It can lead to serious side effects such as allergic reactions involving trouble breathing, a low heart beat, certain blood disorders, severe stomach pain associated with the inflammation of the pancreas.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is famotidine a medication for heartburn? Yes. Famotidine is used to relieve symptoms such as heartburn and is a tablet used to treat GERD, i.e. gastroesophageal reflex disorder.
2. I am scheduled for an operation. Should I inform my surgeon that I take famotidine? Yes. You should tell your surgeon that you are taking famotidine . This is because you may be given anesthetics such as midazolam which can abnormally increase the effect of famotidine .
3. Can I use the medicine famotidine to prevent stomach ulcers due to other drugs? Yes. Famotidine is effective in preventing drug-related stomach ulcers.
4. What is the famotidine dosage for heartburn in children? To treat heartburn in children, usually
2.5 mg per kg body weight of the child is given twice a day, for 2 weeks. However, the exact dose is decided by a physician.
5. What should I do if I miss the dose? Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, do not take the missed dose and continue with the next dose to avoid doubling of the dose.