Fampep It Capsule 10
Itopride is used to treat signs and symptoms of mental disorders, heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stomach and intestinal ulcers, and irritable bowel syndrome. Rabeprazole reduces the secretion of stomach acid and is used in the treatment of ulcers of the stomach and intestine. The drug is effective in the treatment of H.pylori infection of the stomach or intestine. The other uses of rabeprazole include short-term treatment of heartburn associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease, healing of acid damaged esophagus and it also can be given in combination with antibiotics to prevent ulcers caused by H.pylori.
How does the drug work?
Itopride is an antipsychotic drug primarily acts as dopamine D2 receptor antagonist. It causes mood changes by affecting norepinephrine, acetylcholine, serotonin, histamine and GABA receptors. Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor which blocks the excess acid secreted by the cells present in the stomach wall.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of itopride are indigestion, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, breast enlargement, hypotension, and increased liver transaminases. The common side effects of rabeprazole are headache, sore throat, diarrhea, constipation, stomach pain, gas, nausea, and vomiting. The other less common but serious side effects include severe and serious allergic reactions, life-threatening skin diseases, skeletal muscle breakdown, and inflammation of the cells of the kidneys.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does itopride cause missing of menstrual periods? Yes, itopride may cause missing of menstrual periods.
2. Should I take itopride drug before food or after food? Take itopride drug one hour before the meal.
3. Does itopride cause weight gain? Yes, itopride may cause increase in the weight.
4. Is itopride addictive? No, itopride does not cause any addiction.
5. Does itopride cause erectile dysfunction? No, Itopride does not cause erectile dysfunction. Rabeprazole:
1. I have been using rilpivirine for HIV. Is it safe for me to take rabeprazole? Do not take rabeprazole and rilpivirine together as it can reduce the efficacy of rilpivirine. Consult your doctor for help.
2. I have diarrhea while using rabeprazole. What should I do? Diarrhea may occur more commonly in hospitalized patients using rabeprazole. You should take the lowest effective dose of rabeprazole for the shortest duration with a doctor’s suggestion.
3. In how many days will I get relief from H.pylori infection with rabeprazole? Usually, it takes a week for the treatment of ulcers associated with H.pylori infection with rabeprazole. However, the duration may vary from person to person. So, talk to your doctor for help.
4. How should I take rabeprazole? Take the drug 30 minutes before food, with a full glass of water.
5. I am 50-year-old and taking rabeprazole. Should I take any special care? Older people who are taking rabeprazole should be cautious to prevent falls. This is because you are at an increased risk of fractures with the drug.