Ferazin Tablet 10
Sodium feredetate is used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in children and pregnant women who cannot tolerate other forms of iron supplements.
How does the drug work?
Sodium feredetate helps in the production of red blood cells, thus, it treats anemia.
What are the common side effect?
Usually, sodium feredetate does not cause any side effects at its normal dose. However, certain allergic reactions such as itching, dizziness, breathing difficulty, rash and swelling may occur in some patients.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Will I get relief from weakness and shortness of breath with sodium feredetate? Yes. Sodium feredetate can relieve weakness and shortness of breath associated with anemia.
2. How to take sodium feredetate? Take the sodium feredetate 2-3 times in a day, by mouth at the same time daily.
3. What is the dose of sodium feredetate? The dose is usually based on the age, gender, overall health, etc. So, ask a doctor for the right dosage.
4. Can elderly patients take sodium feredetate? Yes. Sodium feredetate is safe and effective for use in elderly patients. However, ask a doctor before use.
5. Can pregnant females use sodium feredetate? Yes. It is safe to use sodium feredetate during pregnancy.