Fercee Z Capsule 15
Elemental iron is usually obtained from the foods. It is required by the red blood cells to carry oxygen to the tissues. Iron is found in the form of myoglobin in the muscles where it stores oxygen. Elemental iron in the form of supplements is used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia. It is also used to treat attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD) in children and improve athletic performance. Folic acid is a form of vitamin B which is obtained usually from the fruits and vegetables. It helps to prevent changes in the DNA that can lead to cancer. Folic acid, as a medicine is used to treat folic acid deficiency in the human body. It is used in the treatment of anemia of certain types (i.e. lack of red blood cells). In combination with other drugs, it is used to treat pernicious anemia (i.e. a severe form of anemia).
How does the drug work?
Elemental iron helps in the synthesis of hemoglobin which is required by the red blood cells to carry oxygen from the lungs to the other body parts and to carry carbondioxide from the body parts to the lungs. It is also involved in the synthesis of myoglobin which stores oxygen in the muscles. Folic acid gets converted to tetrahydrofolate in the human body. Tetrahydrofolate helps in the normal production of red blood cells, amino acids, DNA components and other molecules. Iron supplements also may benefit people with depression, fatigue, and Crohn’s disease (of the intestine).
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of elemental iron are constipation, diarrhea, stomach upset or cramps, black stools (harmless). The common side effects of folic acid include a metallic taste in the mouth, loss of appetite, nausea, confusion, sleep disturbance, and irritation. It can lead to serious but less common side effects such as allergic reactions.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How to take elemental iron? Take the iron supplements one to two hours before food (on an empty stomach) with a glass of water. This helps in better absorption of the drug. Do not take antacids, caffeine, tea or any dairy products at least for two hours after taking iron supplements.
2. What should I do if I take an overdose of elemental iron supplements? If you have taken an overdose of elemental iron supplements, then you may develop symptoms such as stomach pain, vomiting, shallow breath, blue lips, cold and clammy skin. Call up for an immediate medical attention.
3. What should I avoid while taking elemental iron supplements? You should not take vitamin or mineral supplements or antacids without a doctor’s prescription.
4. What should I do if I have swelling of face or lips with elemental iron supplements? Swelling of face or lips with elemental iron supplements can be a sign of serious allergic reaction. You must get immediate medical help.
5. I have black stools while taking elemental iron supplements. Do I need to worry about this? Appearance of black colored stools is a common side effect which occurs with elemental iron supplements. However, you need not worry about this because it is harmless. Folic acid
1. How to take folic acid tablets? You may take folic acid tablets with or without food, and with a glass of water.
2. How to identify if I had an overdose with folic acid? If you have taken a large dose of folic acid, it can produce symptoms such as numbness, tingling, weakness, confusion, mouth or tongue pain. Immediately seek medical help in case you notice these symptoms.
3. What is the dose of folic acid for pregnant women? The usual dose of folic acid in pregnant women is about 800 micrograms per day taken orally or as an injection. However, talk to a doctor who will decide the appropriate dose for you.
4. Can I take alcohol while using folic acid? It is always advisable not to drink alcohol. However, if you cannot avoid doing so, you may need a higher dose of folic acid which will be decided by your physician.
5. What should I do if I miss taking a dose of folic acid? In case you forgot to take a dose of folic acid, take it as soon as you remember. But if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose, then you must skip the missed dose and take the next dose at its regular time. This helps to avoid doubling of the dose.