Finast 10 Mg Tablet 15
Finasteride tablet is used to treat the urinary problems caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate gland). It decreases the risk of surgery for BPH and minimizes worsening of BPH. It is also used to treat male pattern baldness or hair loss.
How does the drug work?
Finasteride prevents the action of 5-alpha reductase. This enzyme helps to convert testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Without DHT, prostate gland shrinks.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of finasteride medication are erectile dysfunction, decreased libido, palpitations, rash, facial swelling, breast enlargement and tenderness, nipple discharge, and mood changes.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does finasteride affect fertility? Finasteride may cause impotence by decreasing the sperm count. Discuss with your doctor if you have concerns regarding fertility before using this medication.
2. Will the side effect decreased sexual desire continues even after withdrawing the finasteride? Yes, in most of the cases. However, consult a doctor if you have any signs of decreased sexual desire after withdrawing finasteride.
3. Does finasteride causes prostate cancer? Finasteride doesn’t cause prostate cancer, but it may increase the risk of prostate cancer. Discuss with your doctor about the finasteride benefits and risks before using.
4. Can finasteride cause breast cancer? Previous studies show that finasteride can cause breast cancer. So, consult your doctor if you have signs such as lumps in the breast, tenderness, and nipple discharge.
5. Does finasteride available over-the-counter? No. Finasteride is available only with a prescription.