Flamotax 1 Gm Injection 1
Cefotaxime drug is used to treat typhoid fever and certain bacterial infections, including the life-threatening forms.
How does the drug work?
Cefotaxime kills the bacteria by preventing the formation of a substance called peptidoglycan which provides strength to the cell wall.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with cefotaxime are itching, skin rash, mild diarrhea, pain and lump formation at the injection site.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How to take cefotaxime tablet? Ceftal tablet should be taken with a glass full of water. Do not chew or break the tablet into small pieces.
2. What is the dose of cefotaxime for bacterial infections? Usually, the drug is available in 250 mg and 500 mg tablets to treat bacterial infections. However, the frequency of the drug dosing may vary with the individual and the severity of the infection; so ask a doctor.
3. How to store ceftal tablet? Store the ceftal tablet at room temperature below 25?C.
4. Can I take a drug to treat diarrhea associated with cefotaxime? Do not self-medicate in the case you have diarrhea with cefotaxime. Ask a doctor for help.
5. What if I miss a dose of cefotaxime? Take the missed dose immediately as you remember. If it is too late, then leave the missed dose and continue with the next dose at its scheduled time.