Flohale 100 Mcg Rotacap 30
Fluticasone is a steroid it is mainly prescribed for the prevention of asthma attacks in the patients with bronchospasm or chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases. It is also prescribed to reduce breathing difficulty in the patients with acute bacterial rhinosinusitis, perennial allergic rhinitis or seasonal allergic rhinitis.
How does the drug work?
Fluticasone is a corticosteroid. It has anti-inflammatory action due to which it is prescribed for the treatment of asthma. It reduces bronchospasm and enhances airflow through the bronchioles. It inhibits the release of leukotrienes and reduces edema in the airways.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of fluticasone are: headache, sore throat, nosebleeds, nasal irritation, nausea, vomiting, cough, increased risk of upper respiratory tract infection and fatigue.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does fluticasone help to relieve cough? Fluticasone can relieve cough related to asthma or allergic diseases of nose, throat or chest.
2. Does fluticasone cause weight loss? No. Fluticasone may cause weight gain but not weight loss.
3. Is fluticasone similar to albuterol? No, fluticasone is a corticosteroid whereas albuterol is a beta-receptor agonist drug. But both are used to treat asthma.
4. I am allergic to salbutamol is it safe to take fluticasone? You have to consult the doctor before using different combination of drugs. The doctor may change the drugs depending on your condition. Do not self-medicate.
5. Is it safe to take alcohol while on fluticasone medication? Alcohol, when taken along with fluticasone, may further increase dizziness or calmness. Avoid taking alcohol while on fluticasone.