Flora L Od Tablet 10
Doxylamine is used in the treatment and prevention of morning sickness (pregnancy), relieves nausea, vomiting, and dizziness (vertigo). Pyridoxine is used for the prevention and treatment of vitamin B6 deficiency disorders. It is used to treat sideroblastic anemia. It is used to reduce homocysteine levels in the body and reduces the risk of heart diseases. It is used to treat premenstrual syndrome and morning sickness in women. It is also used to prevent seizures and convulsions in epileptic patients. Folic acid is a form of vitamin B9 which is obtained usually from the fruits and vegetables. It helps to prevent changes in the DNA that can lead to cancer. Folic acid, as a medicine is used to treat folic acid deficiency in the human body. It is used in the treatment of anemia of certain types (i.e. lack of red blood cells). In combination with other drugs, it is used to treat pernicious anemia (i.e. a severe form of anemia).
How does the drug work?
Doxylamine belongs to the class, antihistamines. It works by blocking histamine receptors in the vomiting center in the brain. It prevents the vomiting center from receiving the nerve impulses from the parts of the inner ear. Thus, it prevents the nerves in the middle ear from stimulating the vomiting center and causing the symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and vertigo. Pyridoxine is also known as vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 acts as a coenzyme in various biochemical reactions such as metabolism of amino acids, glycogen, and synthesis of nucleic acids, hemoglobin, sphingomyelin, and sphingolipids. It also takes part in the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine and gamma-aminobutyric acid. Folic acid gets converted to tetrahydrofolate in the human body. Tetrahydrofolate helps in the normal production of red blood cells, amino acids, DNA components and other molecules. Iron supplements also may benefit people with depression, fatigue, and Crohn’s disease (of the intestine).
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of doxylamine include bloating, lightheadedness, drowsiness, headache, confusion, constipation, feeling sick, dry mouth, weight gain, and increased sweat. The common side effects of vitamin B6 are nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, headache, drowsiness, numbness and tingling sensation in the limbs, numbness around the mouth, lethargy, tiredness, impaired balance, loss or reduced sensation to touch, temperature, and vision. The common side effects of folic acid include a metallic taste in the mouth, loss of appetite, nausea, confusion, sleep disturbance, and irritation. It can lead to serious but less common side effects such as allergic reactions.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I take diazepam with doxylamine? Diazepam is a benzodiazepine that increases the risk of drowsiness when co-administered with doxylamine. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
2. Is doxylamine an over-the-counter drug? No, doxylamine is available only when prescribed by the doctor.
3. Does doxylamine causes weight gain? Yes. Long-term use of doxylamine may cause weight gain.
4. How should I take doxylamine for travel sickness? Usually, doxylamine should be taken two hours before you start the journey. You must follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the use of the drug.
5. Is it safe to use doxylamine for dizziness during pregnancy? No. Use of doxylamine is known to cause fetal defects. Therefore, doxylamine use during pregnancy is not safe. Pyridoxine
1. Does pyridoxine help to treat carpal tunnel syndrome? Yes, pyridoxine helps to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. Consult your physician for safe use.
2. What is the daily requirement of pyridoxine to prevent deficiency disease? A daily intake of
2.2 mg will help to prevent deficiency diseases. Pregnant women need
2.6 mg and lactating women need
2.5 mg of pyridoxine daily.
3. What are the dietary sources of pyridoxine? Fish, liver, and citrus fruits are some of the dietary sources of pyridoxine.
4. Can I take any other medications along with pyridoxine supplements? Some herbal medications may interact with pyridoxine. You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
5. How should I take pyridoxine supplements? You should take pyridoxine supplements every day after meals. Follow the instructions given by your physician or the manufacturer for safe use. FolicAcid
1. How to take folic acid tablets? You may take folic acid tablets with or without food, and with a glass of water.
2. How to identify if I had an overdose with folic acid? If you have taken a large dose of folic acid, it can produce symptoms such as numbness, tingling sensation, weakness, confusion, mouth or tongue pain. In such case consult a doctor immediately..
3. What is the dose of folic acid for pregnant women? The usual dose of folic acid in pregnant women is about 800 micrograms per day taken orally or as an injection. However, talk to a doctor who will decide the appropriate dose for you.
4. Can I take alcohol while using folic acid? It is always advisable not to drink alcohol. However, if you cannot avoid doing so, you may need a higher dose of folic acid which will be decided by your physician.
5. What should I do if I miss taking a dose of folic acid? In case you forget to take a dose of folic acid, take it as soon as you remember. But if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose, then you must skip the missed dose and take the next dose at its regular time. This helps to avoid doubling of the dose.