Florina L Tablet 21
Norethisterone is used in the treatment of menstrual disorders caused by low progesterone levels. It treats irregular, painful and delayed menstrual bleeding. It is used to control premenstrual syndrome (include breast pain headache, water retention mood disturbances) and heavy menstrual bleeding. It is used as a treatment for endometriosis. Low strength of norethisterone is used as a contraceptive pill.
How does the drug work?
Norethisterone is a synthetic version of female sex hormone, progesterone. Progesterone is responsible for the formation of the womb lining (endometrium) which is required by the fertilized egg to attach. If the fertilized egg does not attach to the womb lining by the end of the menstrual cycle, the endometrium sheds off causing menstrual periods.
What are the common side effect?
The most commonly reported side effects are alteration in the menstrual cycle and disturbance in the flow during the menstrual period. Patients may suffer from nausea, headache, edema and discomfort.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does norethisterone induce ovulation? No, norethisterone does not induce ovulation.
2. When should I take the missed dose of Norethisterone? Take Norethisterone as soon as you remember. If it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose.
3. Does Norethisterone help in skipping periods? Norethisterone does not cause skipped periods. It postpones periods.
4. How should I take Norethisterone? Norethisterone can be taken along with water, with or without food.
5. Does norethisterone cause weight gain? Norethisterone cause the release of hormones. It may sometimes have the side effects of weight gain, tiredness.