Folvite 5 Mg Tablet
Manufactured by: Pfizer Ltd
Composition: Folic Acid
Strength: 5 mg
Pack size: 45 Tablets
Drug type: Anti-anemic agents
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Anaemia
What is Folvite 5 Mg Tablet?
Folvite 5 Mg Tablet contains Folic acid as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of anemia.
Folvite 5 Mg Tablet is used in the treatment of anemia.
How Does the Drug Work?
Folvite 5 Mg Tablet works by increasing the production of red blood cells by promoting nucleic acid synthesis in the bone marrow. Folic acid is a water-soluble vitamin which is essential for red blood cells in the body.
Common Side Effects of Folvite 5 Mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Folvite 5 Mg Tablet
- Weakness and general discomfort
- Difficulty in breathing
- Stomach pain
How to Use Folvite 5 Mg Tablet?
Folvite 5 Mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Folvite 5 Mg Tablet
- Do not take Folvite 5 Mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Folvite 5 Mg Tablet.
Contraindications while using Folvite 5 Mg Tablet
- This medication is contraindicated in the patients with undiagnosed form of anemia as it may increase complications associated with this disease.
Possible drug interactions of Folvite 5 Mg Tablet with other drugs
- The use of Folvite 5 Mg Tablet is advised against in those patients who are concurrently receiving phenobarbital and fluorouracil.
- Concomitant treatment with other drugs such as Capecitabine and Phenytoin may alter the efficacy of this medication.
Store at room temperature. Protect from sunlight and moisture.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How often can I take Folvite 5 Mg Tablet?
Folvite 5 Mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take Folvite 5 Mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Folvite 5 Mg Tablet is probably safe for use during pregnancy. However, the pregnant women should use this medicine under medical supervision.
- Can you take alcohol while taking a Folvite 5 Mg Tablet?
Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Folvite 5 Mg Tablet as it may reduce the absorption of folic acid in the stomach.
- How does the Folvite 5 Mg Tablet work?
Folvite 5 Mg Tablet works by increasing the production of red blood cells in the body.