Freshmon Tablet 10
Doxylamine is used in the treatment and prevention of morning sickness (pregnancy), and to relieve nausea, vomiting, and dizziness (vertigo).
How does the drug work?
Doxylamine belongs to the class, antihistamines. It works by blocking histamine receptors in the vomiting center in the brain. It prevents the vomiting center from receiving the nerve impulses from the parts of the inner ear. Thus, it prevents the nerves in the middle ear from stimulating the vomiting center and causing the symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and vertigo.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of doxylamine include bloating, lightheadedness, drowsiness, headache, confusion, constipation, feeling sick, dry mouth, weight gain, and increased sweat.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I take diazepam with doxylamine? Diazepam is a benzodiazepine that increases the risk of drowsiness when co-administered with doxylamine. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
2. Is doxylamine an over-the-counter drug? No, doxylamine is available only on prescription.
3. Does doxylamine cause weight gain? Yes. Long-term use of doxylamine may cause weight gain.
4. How should I take doxylamine for travel sickness? Usually, doxylamine should be taken two hours before you start the journey. You must follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the use of the drug.
5. Is it safe to use doxylamine for dizziness during pregnancy? No. Use of doxylamine is known to cause fetal defects. Therefore, doxylamine use during pregnancy is not safe.