Fucin-B 0.1/0.2 % Cream 10 Gm
Beclomethasone is used to treat fungal infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, jock itch, swelling and redness of the skin, and itching. Additionally, it is used to treat skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. Fusidic acid is used to treat bacterial infections such as impetigo (weeping, crusty, and swollen skin), folliculitis (inflammation of hair follicles), sycosis barbae (infection of the bearded skin), paronychia (infection of finger and toe nail), and skin infections.
How does the drug work?
Beclomethasone is a glucocorticoid receptor agonist. It acts by inhibiting the release of arachidonic acid, lipocortin, and phospholipase proteins. This prevents the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes from the immune cells. Prostaglandins and leukotrienes are responsible for development of skin diseases and infections. Fusidic acid is a narrow spectrum antibiotic, thatacts by inhibiting protein synthesis by preventing the translocation of elongation factor G (EF-G). Inhibition of protein synthesis damages the cell and leads to cell lysis.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of beclomethasone are skin thinning, hives, irritation at the site of application, burning sensation, blistering, numbness, and prickling feelings. The commonly reported side effects of fusidic acid are hormone imbalance, allergic reaction, irritation, skin reaction, burning sensation, itching, dryness, tingling sensation, and soreness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I use the cream on my face to treat acne? No, patients should not apply the cream on the face.
2. Is beclomethasone used for hair growth? Yes, beclomethasone facilitates hair growth.
3. Is beclomethasone recommended for diaper rash? No, beclomethasone should not be used for diaper rash.
4. What care should I take while applying beclomethasone in the groin area? While using beclomethasone in the groin area, use it for only two weeks or as prescribed. Apply the cream sparingly and wear loose-fitting clothes.
5. Can I use the cream for my underarm infection? No, you should not use the cream for treating under arm infections. Fusidic acid
1. How to store fusidic acid drug? Store the container of Fusidic acid drug in a cool and dry place; fusidic acid cream should be discarded after one month of opening, fusidic acid suspension should be kept away from direct sunlight.
2. Does alcohol intake affect fusidic acid? No. Alcohol does not affect this drug, however, it is better to limit its intake.
3. How often should I use fusidic acid? Use of fusidic acid depends on the severity of the condition. Do not use the drug more often as you may overdose.
4. Is fusidic acid effective against nappy rash? Yes. Fusidic acid treats nappy rash.
5. When should I stop using fusidic acid medication? Patients should use the full course of treatment, as there is a chance of relapse of the infection. Do not stop the treatment without informing the doctor.