Gabalept 100 Mg Capsule 10
Gabapentin is an antiepileptic or anticonvulsant used in the treatment of fits or seizures. It is used to treat neuropathic pain or suspected nerve compression caused due to diabetes or shingles. It is also useful in the treatment of trigeminal nerve disease, hot flashes and restless leg syndrome (RLS).
How does the drug work?
The exact mechanism of action of the medicine gabapentin is still unknown. However, it is known that gabapentin inhibits the release of glutamate neurotransmitter. Glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter that induces seizures on hyperactivity.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of drug gabapentin are changes in the vision, dizziness, drowsiness, ataxia, aggressiveness, mood swings, confusion, headache, changes in sensation, nausea, and fever.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What are the symptoms of gabapentin overdosing? You may develop drowsiness, slurred speech, and double vision in case of overdose. In such instances, consult your doctor or nearest medical facility immediately. Hemodialysis may be performed for the removal of gabapentin from the body.
2. I have a history of renal failure, can I take gabapentin? Check with your doctor before taking the drug if you have renal failure for case-specific recommendations.
3. Can I take orlistat with gabapentin? Orlistat may interfere with the absorption of gabapentin from the intestine. So, consult your doctor before taking orlistat with gabapentin.
4. Is gabapentin safe to consume? Gabapentin is safe if you consume the medication as prescribed by your doctor at recommended doses.
5. At what frequency should I take gabapentin? Usually, gabapentin is taken once or twice daily. However, it is recommended to take gabapentin dosage or dose and frequency as per the doctor’s advice.