Gat P Eye Drops 5 Ml
Gatifloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections such as conjunctivitis, sinusitis, certain skin infections, and cystitis. Prednisolone drug is used to reduce inflammation associated with various disorders such as allergies, blood disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, respiratory diseases, gastrointestinal disorders and skin disorders. Prednisolone tablets are also used as a medicine to treat eye swelling caused by allergy, infection, injury or other conditions.
How does the drug work?
Gatifloxacin is an antibiotic which acts by inhibiting the enzymes topoisomerase II and IV which are required for the replication of bacterial DNA. Prednisolone is a steroid that belongs to a class of drugs known as glucocorticosteroids. It increases the level of corticosteroids present in the body which in turn helps in blocking the production of inflammatory chemicals (prostaglandins and leukotrienes). Thus it reduces the swelling, pain and redness associated with inflammation.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of gatifloxacin are nausea, diarrhea, headache, and dizziness. Other side effects include rash, blurred vision, dry eye, and difficulty in swallowing, shortness of breath, eye discharge, itchy and teary eyes, and urticaria. The most common side effects of prednisolone include aggression, anxiety, personality and behavioral changes, mental depression, absence of menstrual periods, mood swings, blurred vision, eye swelling, dizziness, headache, delayed wound healing, heartburn, fatigue, muscle stiffness and weakness, insomnia, increased sweating, skin redness etc.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What is the recommended dose of gatifloxacin? The recommended dose of the drug is 200 to 400 mg once a day for 3 to 10 days.
2. Can children take this drug? No. Children younger than 18 years of age are not recommended to use gatifloxacin as safety and efficacy in this age group is not yet confirmed.
3. What are the storage conditions of the drug? The drug should be stored at room temperature (25?C), avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight.
4. What if I miss a dose of gatifloxacin? If you miss a dose of gatifloxacin, take it as soon as possible. Do not take 2 doses at once.
5. What happens if I use gatifloxacin for long time? Gatifloxacin should be used only as prescribed. Long-term or repeated use may cause secondary infection. Prednisolone
1. Can I use prednisolone tablets for a long period of time? It is not advised to stay on prednisolone for long periods of time as it may cause side effects such as osteoporosis, indigestion, stomach pains, muscle weakness, and cataract.
2. Can prednisolone medicine be given to children? Yes, prednisolone is recommended for children to reduce wheezing, however, consult your doctor before taking the medication.
3. Is prednisolone the same as prednisone? No, prednisolone is an active metabolite of prednisone. Both of them are corticosteroids but used for treating different indications.
4. Is the use of medicine, prednisolone safe during pregnancy? It is advisable to consult your doctor before administering the medication.
5. Does prednisolone cause hair loss or weight gain? Yes, the use prednisolone may cause side effects such as hair loss and weight gain. Please report to your doctor if you experience any such symptoms.