Gentalose Syrup 200 Ml
Lactulose is the drug used to treat constipation. It is also used in the treatment and prophylaxis of hepatic encephalopathy.
How does the drug work?
Lactulose is a synthetic sugar that belongs to the class of drugs, laxatives. It acts by triggering the bowel movements and softening the stool by drawing water from the intestinal lumen. Thus, it relieves constipation. In treating hepatic encephalopathy, syrup Lactulose reduces the absorption of ammonia in the gut. Normally, the liver breaks down the ammonia; but in liver disease, the blood may bypass the liver causing this poisonous substance to enter the brain.
What are the common side effect?
Lactulose side effects include excess gas in the stomach and intestines, feeling sick, vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and dehydration.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How would I know if the drug is working? The drug may take 24 to 48 hours to work after administration. You may have normal bowel movements after taking the drug.
2. Are there any storage precautions for Duphalac syrup? Yes. Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat. Close the container tightly and keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Does lactulose solution cause diarrhea? Excess dose of lactulose can lead to diarrhea. Therefore, take the drug as prescribed by the physician.
4. Does Duphalac syrup give constipation relief during pregnancy? It is not known to be harmful to use in pregnancy for constipation relief, as the drug is not absorbed into the bloodstream. However, you must consult the doctor before using the drug if you are pregnant.
5. Can I take antacids along with Duphalac syrup? Antacids may affect the effectiveness of Duphalac syrup. You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.