Getra 500 Mg Capsule 10
Tetracyclin is an antibiotic, it is used in the treatment of different bacterial infections, such as acne, urinary tract infections, gonorrhea, chlamydial infections etc.
How does the drug work?
Tetracyclins are broad spectrum antibiotics. It acts by inhibiting the bacterial growth by interrupting the synthesis of bacterial proteins that are essential for the growth and development of bacteria.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects caused by tetracyclins are nausea, vomiting, hemolytic anemia, loss of appetite, vaginal itching, sores in oral cavity and stomach upset.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can tetracycline used for the treatment of dental infections? Yes, tetracycline is an effective antibiotic which can also be used for the treatment of dental infections.
2. Is tetracycline an OTC drug? Tetracycline must be prescribed by the doctor.
3. Can I take vitamin supplements while on tetracycline? Vitamin A can interact with tetracycline. So avoid taking them in combination.
4. What are the rare side effects of tetracycline? Yellowing of skin, changes in the vision, bulging fontanel in the infants can be the rarest side effects.
5. Can I take tetracycline during pregnancy? There is no evidence of adverse effects with the use of tetracycline during pregnancy, however confirm with the doctor before usage.